One of Those Days

I am a planner. It is a quality that I have that could be considered a strong point but also my downfall. No amount of planning will change the fact that some days just won't go right no matter what you do.

The day started off simple enough. I went to get my oil changed in preparation for the trip to visit my family. I had a lot of other things to do today as well. I still had to pack (not hard since I was only going to be gone for 2 days), clean out my car, pack some snacks and drinks for the trip, have lunch with my SO and take some tickets to a ticket vendor.

Well, about 11 am, this whole plan got derailed. The school nurse called about my youngest daughter. She had a headache and apparently it was so bad that she was crying. I talked to her and I could tell that she was not feeling good at all. So, off to the school I went.

I canceled my lunch plans.

After we got home, she went straight for the couch. Within 15 minutes, the throwing up began and that continued for about 2 hours.

I canceled my trip and all of the things on my list associated with it.

Soon after she went to sleep and I got a phone call from a friend of mine. I won't go into the gory details but I will say that the conversation ended in tears because he was just unnecessarily mean and it stunned me. You see, another weakness of mine is that when I am mad, I cry. But I was also hurt by the whole thing.

Anyway, now my daughter's headache is gone and she is feeling much better.

I am working on planning my trip again because I think we are going to leave in the morning. Still not sure what to do about my friend. See....there I go planning again.

0 comments: