Things Are Never What They Seem


So, last week, my boss told me that my job was safe...this was an unsolicited comment. In light of the recent layoffs, this made me feel much better. Well, today, I found out that couldn't have been further from the truth.

My position was eliminated and even though I was offered another position, it is for much less money and less hours. That job is also a position that does not utilize my talents and passions at all. It is a dead end job with no promise that I would get this job back if the market improved.

So, I will take that position so I can actually survive while I look for other work. I am beefing up my resume and getting it ready to send out all over the place.

I am angry because I was lied to for no reason except that it made her feel better to say it. I am disappointed because I was promoted to this position only a month ago and was really enjoying the fact that I was finally doing what I really wanted to do.

So, if anyone knows of anything out there that would be better than a horrible receptionist job, please email me and let me know.

3 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

I'm sorry tis happened to you. Sad to say but pretty much everyone can be replaced. Beef up the resume, you never know what's around the corner.

WileyCoyote said...

Next year, someone might be fighting for that "horrible receptionist's job". I quit my job in 1981 - and three months later everyone was looking for a job, any job, anything they could get, and there was nothing out there. Things turn around quickly from bad to good and back again, though. So don't lose hope. PS employers are like that - it's really ALL about them, and as long as they can command your loyalty, they don't have any to you.

Southern Focus Designs said...

I don't mean to sound like such a spoiled brat. There is alot of backstory that contributes to my reaction.

I am going to go to school and learn the programs that I really need to learn so I can do what I really want to do.