Land of the Unknown


Well, I have entered the land of the unknown. I am unemployed and have a lot of i's to dot and t's to cross over the next few days.

This is all a risk...and anyone that knows me well, knows that I am not a risk taker. I am a planner. I think out and try to plan for every scenario and every possibility. I am scared but excited at the same time.

I really want to turn this into something that will take my life in a positive direction. I want to go to school and get the training in the computer programs that I need to get a more advanced graphic design job. I only need about 4 classes to make that happen. Suddenly, that seems like a small obstacle and a very realistic goal.

I do have a few very important things that I have to work out. The very first one is getting health insurance for my kids since that is court ordered. I have looked up some policies and have found one that I feel that I can afford. So, that one will be taken care of on Friday. I know that I can't afford COBRA...and what I have found is surprisingly affordable.

So, today, I am going to get some stuff done around the house. I am going to get the laundry caught up and work on getting a filing system set up for my SO.

1 comments:

"P. B." said...

You're going to be fine, SF. You remind me of people I knew when I was in school and of myself (single mom freshman at Ohio State at 38). One thing I've learned in life that is that no one ever really has it made. The thinking of the 1950's was that you found a good man or found a good company and performed loyally for which performance you would be rewarded. What I have is not the result of that thinking. It's the result of taking some risks and sometimes losing. I'm doing fine and my bet is that you will do fine too.