Damn I am Getting Old!


My oldest daughter starts middle school on Monday. She is jumping around excited and I just sit there dumbfounded asking where the time all went.

I remember when she was born. She was born 10 weeks early and at her lowest weight she was 2lbs. 8oz. and she burned more calories trying to drink from the bottle than she took in. She was on a feeding tube for 3 weeks. She would stop breathing and was sent home with a heart and apnea monitor. She wore baby doll clothes home from the hospital 4 weeks later.

At 18 months, she finally walked. She was always a very easy going baby and slept through the night from the very beginning.

There we so many hurdles that she had to face in her little life including 3 serious eye surgeries and the risk of learning disabilities. Now I see what she is becoming and I am very proud of her.

She is a beautiful, young person who is caring, loving and very artistic. She has goals and dreams of going to SCAD and working in the fashion industry.

So, I have to sit back and watch my little girl take that step to middle school. This is a great triumph for her and a happy and sad moment for me. Each achievement takes her further away from being that little girl and closer to being a grown woman.

Sorry for the gushy post today...

0 comments: