My Weekend was a SPLASH!


So, Saturday morning, my girls and I headed out to Jekyll Island for some water park fun at Summer Waves. I had actually managed to keep our destination a secret and threatened that if they guessed it that I would change it. So, we get in the car, I type in Summer Waves into the GPS and that is when they found out. I should have thought about what the decibel level in my car might be so I would have been prepared!!!

We left the house at 8:30 and stopped at McDonald's for breakfast and then headed South. We arrived at the park around 10:15 and promptly headed for the big slides since the lines were very short. We managed to go down the slides a lot before the lines picked up. I was very glad that we arrived right after the park opened. Around 12:30, we had lunch at Larry's Giant Subs and decided to let our food settle with a few trips around the Lazy River. (This is my favorite)

After a few turns in the Lazy River, the girls wanted to try out the Wave Pool. This is fun but very crowded and exhausting! But it is great to be able to enjoy the waves without the issues of the actual ocean such as jellyfish, disgusting water, rip currents, etc. After this, my oldest wanted to go down some slides that my youngest daughter had no interest in. So, I decided to trust her and see how it goes. So, she was off the the black water slide and I went with my youngest to a slide that is fun but much more tame. I had given my oldest instructions to go down the slide 3 times and to meet me at the entrance to the Lazy River. I was very pleased that she arrived where I told her just as I had requested. So, we went off for a few more trips down the river.

By this point it was 5 pm and we were all tired. I treated them with some Dippin' Dots and we headed home.

It was a great day.

I know I had said that I didn't want to spend alot of money in my post on Friday. (thanks for pointing that out WC) But I had not really done anything fun with the girls all summer and I wanted to treat them with a "mini-vacation". All in all, it wasn't that expensive when you consider that we had a great time. It was $58 for the 3 of us to get in, $17 for lunch, $7 for Dippin' Dots and $43 for gas. Not horribly bad for what we did and much cheaper and more fun than just going to the Mall!!!! (I have a pre-teen the mall costs WAY too much!!!!!)

0 comments: