Decisions to Make!

Well, It is Friday again and I have been trying to think of something to do with my kids this weekend. There just are not that many choices that really appeals to me.


-I could take them to the beach but that is just a lot of work.

-We could go to Savannah and walk on River Street but it is way too hot and they will just want to spend money.

-I had thought of a day trip somewhere but again that is just more money and then it is not that easy to figure out where to go.

Then the more practical side of me steps in and thinks of all of the things that I NEED to do at home. But I would not win any awards from my kids for taking my weekend with them to do chores.

Truth is, we have not really done anything fun together this summer and I feel a bit guilty about that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fun day trip that will not cost a ton of money?

UPDATE:
***I have decided to take them to Summer Waves Water Park at Jeykll Island, GA. Admission for the 3 of us will only be around $55 and it will be a lot of fun. Sort of a mini vacation! I will post a report of the trip on Monday!***

3 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

You could take them to the Sheldon Church ruins. Other than that, I don't know everything costs money and it's really too hot to do much.

How's school so far?

WileyCoyote said...

I would say, "I thought you didn't want to spend money?" because the drive and the food and the other expenditures will put you well over $100 dollars... but it is too damned hot to do anything but get wet.

We're bringing the small 100 gallon rubbermaid horse trough around to the verandah to fill and to sit in today... Yesterday and today the temps are 100 degrees, with 16% humidity. And yes the horse has another, bigger, and colder (half-buried metal) horse trough to drink from in the corral!

Captain Tedward said...

Captain Tedward could have flown you down to Jekyll Island! :)