Sparkling Smile!


Guess where I spent my morning? Yeap...I am sitting here right now doing my best impersonation of Bill Cosby in the dentist chair. My nose feels like it disappeared and my lip feels like it is 1000 time bigger than usual.

I had a tooth repaired and actually got some bad news. I have short roots and I could loose my teeth at a very early age. It is a problem that is mostly genetic that has been compounded by the fact that I have not taken care of them as I should have.

So, in an effort to avoid loosing my teeth, I will be spending alot of $$$$ to try and avoid it. I have never been a vain person and spending money on my looks is something that I would normally ever consider but this is different than going out and getting boobs or a nose job. This is my teeth!

So, I guess I better get used to the numb feeling because I may be feeling it alot.

2 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

So much simpler to get them all yanked. Our family problem was soft teeth you could cut with a butter knife; we all lost them at an early age...

After having my entire mouth redone three times (having an abusive hubby who backhanded my head around for 5 years didn't help) I gave up and now have very comfortable (and painless) teeth in a jar. the cost is much less, and the pain - which I am allergic to! - is gone. Dentists say, "Don't do it! - but it is in their best fiscal interest to work on someone's mouth forever.

BTW, all the fluoride in the water, toothpaste, and the dentists' chairs over the years didn't help. You got my sympathies, kid - not pleasant. At all.

"P. B." said...

And then there's this: Due to lots of neglect in my mouth, I still have most of my teeth, with only a couple of crowns. When I say "neglect" I mean I neglected to listen to almost every dentist I ever visited. The one I'm happiest I neglected to listen to was the one who set me up with a periodontist. I think that was around 1990, and I went one time. On my way in, I met a woman who told me how often she was scheduled to be treated and I did the math. A real money machine, I thought, and went for the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide cure. Bottom line: IMO a lot of local dentists (and other health care providers too) are more businesspeople than healers. Not all, but a lot.