Sunburn and the Campaign Trail

So, I spent my Saturday on the campaign trail. I handed out flyers at the intersection in town. It is very interesting how people react to this method. Some would open their windows and others were just rude! It was a successful day and I have the sunburn to prove it. I just thank God that the election isn't in July!!!

This election seems to have taken a direction that really disappointments me on so many personal levels. There are people in the town that are voting racially and are not really looking at where such a vote would take the town. This is a town that was looked down upon since its inception. In the past year or so it has gained respect because of the way the officials were making the developers pay for growth instead of the taxpayers. There are so many rumors about what is going on and no one seems to care enough about what really matters. A RACIAL VOTE IS A VOTE AGAINST YOUR TOWN!

Election day is May 13 and it will be very interesting to see how it pans out. There is a lot of work to do so I guess my sunburn will be staying.

0 comments: