Just Crazy!


So, last night, I worked the door for a concert at Stages. It was an all ages show...BIG MISTAKE! But that is how the performer does all of his shows. So, we put bracelets on the 21 and over crowd and marked the hands of the ones that are too young to drink.

The concept seems simple enough but WTF??? The young ones would either wash off the permanent ink or have their friends buy them alcohol. Several (number too high to say) were asked to leave for drinking.


I stood at the door and would not let anyone in if they did not have either a bracelet or mark. If they didn't have either, they had to pay to get back in. OMG! I felt like I was a part of a three ring circus! Managing this alone took 4 people!!!

I actually enjoy working the door though. I get to be tough (and yes, I know how to do that) and enforce the rules.

I am just glad that we do not do many of these all ages shows!

0 comments: