I am NOT the Energizer Bunny!

My life is just crazy busy right now. Between my new duties at work, marketing for the club and my kids; there doesn't seem to be anytime to just relax any more. In many ways that is really good but my history says that after prolonged period of going non-stop...it is not good at all.

I am starting to feel everything taking its toll on my emotionally. I am not sleeping well and getting to sleep is becoming a huge challenge. Today, I feel like I could just cry and really just wanted to pull the covers over my head and hide from the world.

Sunday, I stayed on the couch until I had to go to work at the club. I felt guilty about doing that but I knew that was what I needed to do. Why did I feel guilty? Maybe because my SO is like the energizer bunny and just keeps going and going. So, if I stop, I just up feeling inadequate and lazy. (this is not something he is making me feel...this is ALL something that I am putting on myself)
With my history, though, I know when I have pushed it too far. The first sign is that I can't sleep. Then I can't focus and then I get depressed. When this happens, I have to be very careful and take the time to really take care of myself.
So, it is time to admit and accept that I am NOT the Energizer Bunny!

0 comments: