A POEM BY ME

I started this blog knowing that I want to start writing fictional stories and poems again. I am finding that time as left my abilites a little rusty. So, this is the first poem that I have written in a really long time. I hope you like it.


Remember

Sometimes memories flood my mind
Like the swift waters of the sea.
Taking me back in time
And to what I used to be.

Some things I am rather proud of
And others not so much.
But time seems to wash away
The innocence and such.

I remember laughter
And I remember tears.
Funny how clear they are
As they make it through the years.

I think back to those I love
And those that have gone away.
Remembering all that they have done
And all that they would say.

I remember songs of childhood
And how they still play in my mind.
Representing the innocence
And all that was good and kind.

Take the memories
Of the past and hold them to your heart.
For a life that is truly lived
Will have all of these as a part.

0 comments: