Christmas Tradition

For years, Christmas Eve was always just us girls because my (now ex-) husband had to help Santa at work. ;) It was actually cool to have Christmas Eve Girls Night. So, late in the afternoon on Christmas Eve we would make a dozen or so heavy appetizers and when it was all done we would put everything on fancy Christmas dishes and set it up on the coffee table. We would watch the old Christmas Cartoons and enjoy our Christmas Eve Snack Supper.

It was really just a time to enjoy spending time together. We did not open presents but we slowed down...stopped really and just enjoyed the time together. We cuddled on the couch and got the cookies, milk and reindeer food ready for Santa and his team.

Since my divorce, this has had to be modified a bit but I have tried to maintain some of the tradition. But what really touched me was the first Christmas after my separation. I asked them what they wanted for Christmas...the answer made me cry. (and still does if it hits at just the right time) "I want to have our snack supper on Christmas Eve"

0 comments: