Weekend Madness

Ok, so why is it that a 3 day weekend only makes me tired? I needed to come back to work to get some rest!

I left work on Friday and drove 5 hours to visit my mother. I had a good visit but it was filled with Grandma's comments and a forced visit to church to give my sufficient dose of guilt about "living in sin", not going to church, etc. The highlight of the trip was shopping at Hanes Mall and finally buying some much needed clothes.

Monday, the girls and I headed home and then went to a cookout. The evening ended when my oldest daughter decided to jump off of a trailer and proceeded to twist her ankle and we headed to the ER. Fortunately, it only took an hour but we left with a broken bone, a soft cast and crutches! She is devastated that her summer is starting this way.

Here is where the fun begins. Her father...the a**hole...tore into me about being a horrible mother and threatened to call his attorney. OMG! She was being a kid...having fun and an accident happened. I went home fuming!

I think I would rather skip the 3 day weekends!

0 comments: